The Honourable William John McKeag, C.M., O.M.
Term of Office: 2 September 1970 – 15 March 1976
Born: Winnipeg, 17 March 1928
Died: Winnipeg, 23 August 2007
- At the time of his appointment, the youngest Lieutenant Governor in Western Canadian history.
- Educated at the University of Manitoba.
- General Manager and President of Security Storage Ltd., a family business, from 1952-70.
- Unsuccessful Liberal candidate in the 1958 provincial election.
- Established his own real estate business, McKeag-Harris Realty and Development Company, in 1960.
- Councillor for Town of Tuxedo 1966-69.
- Chairman of the Greater Winnipeg Election Committee 1968-70.
- Appointed to Order of Canada 1996 and Order of Manitoba 2000.